Our Roundup of Surprising Stats
Each month, TimePayment accesses POS industry research* to help guide you on making the most of today’s business opportunities.
This month, we evaluate the role of online presence and payments.
By the numbers:
- Only 8 in 50 restaurants will buy their next POS without first evaluating an online hardware/software provider.
- Only 11 in 50 merchandise retailers will buy their next POS without first evaluating an online hardware/software provider.
- Only 29 in 125 hotels will buy their next POS without first evaluating an online hardware/software provider.
- Convenience and simplicity are more valued over monthly cost 72% of the time among retailers in POS acquisition.
- 72% and 63% of restaurants and hotels respectively will seek financing for their next POS purchase.
- Only 8 of 63 POS dealers offer an all-in-one hardware/software solution available via a turnkey buying process online.
Key Takeaway: Not featuring payment options prominently will lead to lost opportunities. TimePayment can help dealers build an easier buying process with affordable payments that attract more customers.
* 1H22 Greenwich | Sawbux Survey of Commercial Finance Decision Making