Customers prefer convenience at the curb.What’s more convenient: paying for takeout by phone, or paying at the curb? From an outside perspective, the difference may seem trivial—a sale is a sale—but from the customer’s point of view, the two experiences are night and day. By the numbers: A survey of 202 retailers and their customers* found online/mobile payment delivers:
- Enhanced customer satisfaction: 70% of retailers who offered an online/mobile payment option enjoyed higher customer experience ratings than those offering curbside pay alone.
- Enhanced profit: 69% reported higher per transaction margins with online/mobile pay options.
- Lower staffing costs: Mobile pay facilitates grab-and-go. Retailers with an online/mobile option had 42% smaller staffing levels than curbside-only operations.
- Enhanced customer lifetime value: Customers paying through online/mobile are a massive 315% more likely to sign up for loyalty programs.
- More “net promoters”: Customers are also 207% more likely to tell someone they know about their buying experience with online/mobile payment versus curbside payment.